The goal of the LWF Endowment Fund is to ensure we can continue the good work the LWF has been doing since it was founded in 1947. The fund was set up in 1999 with a CHF 20m target set for 2017. By the end of 2015, the value of the fund was CHF 14.9m. During the year, contributions to the endowment fund totaled CHF 680,500 and came from 21 member churches. In 2015 the fund distributed CHF 345,716 to LWF programs.
An independent Board of Trustees manages the fund. Gifts and legacies from individuals, churches and organizations are welcomed.
How does the fund work?
- It receives and administers gifts, legacies, donations and other contributions
- It strengthens the financial stability of the LWF
- It assures a strong future
The Fund’s capital is kept in perpetuity with annual earnings going to designated LWF activities.
Work with us in
- Advocacy for peace with justice
- Community development
- Ecumenical and interfaith relations
- Holistic mission
- Human rights
- Humanitarian assistance
Help ensure that the witness and ministry of the LWF is sustained and expanded for future generations - our family of over 72.2 million people does make a difference!
Support the LWF Endowment Fund
- Include the LWF in your church budget
- Make an offering in your congregation
- Give a special gift in thanksgiving
- Remember the LWF in your will
- Give a gift at the end of the year
Photo essay: Endowment fund members
The LWF endowment fund was set up in 1999 with the aim of raising CHF20m by the end of 2017. Its goal is to ensure the LWF can continue its good work by distributing funds across the specturm of LWF programs around the world. The seven members of the independent Board of Trustees that manages the fund represent the global regions of the LWF.