Side-event during the 50th Session of the Human Rights Council
The LWF, as a member of the Geneva Interfaith Forum (GIF), is organizing the event to address the importance of defending the rights of persons forced to move due to the effects of climate change.
The discussion will
- Highlight threats faced by people affected by climate-induced displacement and their need for protection;
- Shed light on the connection and importance of defending human rights in the context of climate change.
- Prof. Isabel Apawo Phiri, World Council of Churches
- Dr. Ian Fry, UN Special Rapporteur Climate Change and Human Rights
- Md. Baki Billah, Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the UN in Geneva
- Dr. Abeya Wakwoya, Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus
- Christian Wolff, ACT Alliance
- Osmawani Binti Osman, Islamic Relief Worldwide
- Mercedes Perez, Migrant Programme Manager, Comisión de Acción Social Menonita - join online
- Sandra Epal-Ratjen, Franciscans International
The Lutheran World Federation
Ecumenical Center (Geneva)
Salle II and Salle III